Search This Blog

 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to shoot me an email. Also please take a look at my FAQ section.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Whenever someone sits down to start writing, the amount of static in their mind is sometimes deafening. You have some many different ideas and things that you just want to get out from your brain to the paper. You begin to write feverishly in hopes of making sense the jumble of words, concepts, and ideas that are rolling around your head. 

But what no one talks about are the "quite times" when you have just gone on a caffeine fueled spree and written several pages and you sit back and catch your breath. Those golden moments where the dopamine is flooding your system, and everything feels surreal.  Then the intrusive thoughts come creeping in. The darkness of your own mind, playing tricks on you. Making you start to second guess every single syllable that you just typed for a full hour or two. Making you start to think about the what if's and the rabbit hole of self-doubt and every negative thing that has ever been said about you or your efforts trying to make some sense of your existence.

That is also why Carpe Diem Scroto is such a passion project of mine. Because I know that I am not the only person out there struggling with depression and dealing with mental health issues. But I also know how lonely it can be, because we tend to isolate to keep ourselves from "infecting" others. And well the whole stigma behind mental health. Which is one thing that I have to say that I appreciate about the Millennials is their openness about their mental health and being advocates for improvement and change. 

So while I sit here writing this and putting off any other editing work that I need to do with the book and some tweaks I need to make to the website, I'm just enjoying the quite time, and trying not to allow the intrusive thoughts to take hold and enjoy the beauty of a cold winter afternoon.

Please take some time to go check out the website and the instagram account and also join the facebook page too. And show your support by liking and commenting on my pictures and sharing with your friends and family. And if you would like to become a sponsor then please consider doing so by checking out the sponsorship tiers on the site.

0 comments: